Monday, June 21, 2004

Mt. Tam (Not So) Death March

Kent and I rode up Mt. Tam yesterday. It's the only ride I know where you climb 2000 vertical feet to a snack bar. Kent had Gatorade and an ice cream bar. The gods punished me for getting bored and doing stupid tricks on the Eldridge Grade descent. Result: one flat tire. Later on, they slapped me around for daring to remove my pedals (in preparation for the Thursday trip to Seattle). But 20 minutes, one quick visit to the Internet later (to remind myself exactly how the jacked-up pedal threads worked) and many mental reminders to grease the threads before I install 'em again, the pedals were off.

The fog yesterday was grim, but at night it made the city pretty again. Something about the fog reminded me of Stereolab.

On the stereo: Beck, Midnite Vultures; Stereolab, Dots & Loops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home