Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm Sitting On the Couch

Eating dinner, drinking a glass of wine and reading Sex and the City. Erykah Badu is on the iPod, piped through the stereo speakers. Swim practice ended 90 minutes ago.

I finish eating and get up. I walk over to the kitchen and put the dishes in the dishwasher. As I put the wine glass in the top rack, I get a head rush. I suddenly realize that this moment is pregnant with significance, that I am fully contained within an instant.

It's funny how the mind assigns meaning to the meaningless things we do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like a perfect moment.

The head rush is most likely from a significant drop in blood pressure from standing up quickly. The resulting feelings of significance and completetion are the result of 02 flooding back to your brain.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you were wasted.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home