Friday, October 01, 2004

Track Night

Last night's workout was all about pace. Coach Jay wanted us to establish a realistic 5k pace and run at that pace all night, regardless of distance. Since I haven't run a 5k in nearly ten years, I guessed at my pace, a 07:30 mile, or about 23:00 for a 5k. For you math-minded types out there, that is a 01:50 split.

I'm not so run-geeked up yet that I'm tracking my pace on a stopwatch, so fortunately for me three other people also were running a 01:50 split. My goal was to track about ten feet behind them.

Their pace was consistent, so it worked out fine.

On to the results:

Best 400m: 01:40 (we weren't supposed to break pace on the last 400m, but I did it anyway)
Best 800m: 03:37 (my pace group slacked off that interval, so I pushed ahead of them)
Best 1200m: 05:30*


* Personal best

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home