Friday, January 07, 2005

Squaw and Kirkwood

Sorry for the tardy posts, but I have been playing hooky the last couple of days. My friend Greg is in town, and we went skiing: Squaw on Wednesday and Kirkwood yesterday. No photos, but nearly any Ansel Adams pic will do: frost-encrusted whitebark pines huddled in a snowy bowl.

At Squaw, we had some good runs off the Siberia Express lift, but the really good stuff was off the Solitude lift in the Shirley Lake area. Silverado wasn't running on Wednesday, but if it were, we probably would have done that too.

At Kirkwood, unless you want to do nothing but fast groomers, stay away from the Solitude lift. Instead, head over the backside and ride the Sunshine lift. There's a whole, largely untouched bowl for you to explore.

I'm now paying the price for my deeds: a massive allergic reaction to something. Three Claritins and another antihistamine later, my nose is still running like a faucet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home