Thursday, August 04, 2005

Wedding: Sandy Spring, MD


I spent the weekend in D.C. to attend the wedding of my friends Jill and Greg. Nothing makes me happier than to see these two wonderful people wed.

As I expected, the service was so brief it barely happened. If you had sneezed at the wrong time you would have missed it. But that, I'm sure, was the point. The point was not to listen to some interminable recitation of vows but to sit under the shade of the largest Norway Spruce in Montgomery County, MD, drink mimosas and play cutthroat games of ghetto croquet with old friends.



Then all too soon it was off to Dulles for a night flight to New Orleans and some of the most repulsive (yet tasty!) red beans and rice I've ever eaten.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Greg Kissel?

~ARON

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes indeedy. the man, the myth, the legend himself.

it was a mini rice reunion. greg, ed, steve, tracey and i were all there.

we all wished you weren't halfway around the world. you were missed.

-jp-

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over here in Taipei, we had a government holiday that Friday due to typhoon Matsa. Had I only known sooner, I could have hopped a plane to D.C. on Thursday night and spent my three day weekend enjoying the festivities.

OK, not really. Congratulations to Jill and Greg though. I don't suppose either of them has a website?

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home