Friday, October 15, 2004

I've Got Two Words For You: Nipple Abrasion

Hola, amigos. I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I've been a busy, busy man. Last weekend I was kicking it in Santa Fe (more photos from that later), and this weekend I'm heading up to Downieville to ride the world-famous Downieville Downhill. In between there has been a boatload of work.

I have swim practice on Wednesday nights, but this week I was thwarted by a 90-minute phone call from the client's IT department. The server for the application I manage blew up, and the application needed to be rebuilt. So, there I was, standing in front of St. Ignatius Prep, looking at teenage boys in Speedos change their clothes on the football field,* and talking about rebuilding applications.

Needless to say, I missed swim practice. I headed home and went for a run instead. As you may remember, last time I did a long run I got as far as 32nd Avenue & Irving. This time I made it all the way to Ocean Beach, which is just past 49th Avenue on Irving. Round trip distance is approximately 8.4 miles, which is by far the longest run I've ever done in my entire life. It took me 38 minutes to reach Ocean Beach, which is approximately an 8:38 pace. I made the mistake of taking Judah Street back, which is significantly hillier than Irving. The return trip took 48 minutes, which is an average, um, 10:54 pace. Ouch. My only consolation is that the return trip has a net 500 foot elevation gain.

On my return, I noticed that I had suffered a little-mentioned but pernicious side effect of long runs. That's right: nipple abrasion.

I think this is one place where the gals have it over us. Women can wear jog bras. But what's a guy to do? Wear a manssiere? Or just go for the Band-Aids?



* More on that later, I promise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pasties, dude. Just go for sparkly pasties. They're cheap AND stylish!

http://www.twirlygirl.net
www.pastease.com

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home