Sunday, October 24, 2004

Another Mt. Tam Death March

Another ride on Mt. Tam today. Nothing too exciting, the usual stuff: Old Railroad Grade up, then Eldridge Grade to Hoo Koo E Koo and Tenderfoot. 20 miles RT, maybe? Mostly a proving run for a new stem.

Pace was solid, not spectacular, but I haven't been on a good climb in weeks. 59 minutes to West Point Inn. No rest, then another 10 minutes to the top of Eldridge Grade. I heard a guy (who blew past me when my stem came loose) say that he made it to the top of Eldridge in 56 minutes. Even if you take 5 minutes off for (1) re-tightening the stem and (2) incessant twiddling with a sinking seatpost, he still whupped me. He also said that his heart rate never broke 120 on the way up. Fucker.

Tenderfoot was its usual rooty self. I give myself a 7 for the run: choked on one set of roots, major dab on another, but cleaned everything I should have cleaned.

Total ride time: 02:20

Treated myself to new tires: WTB WeirWolf 2.3's. Only installed one of 'em backwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home